The install is pretty straight forward and well documented on the official site. I did have a little problem though.
After the Database setup it refused to do the install. At first is suspected the Database and searched there for a while, after that didn’t turn up anything i started comparing the configs of the live machine and the test machine. Luckily there were not too many differences:
Make sure the memory_limit parameter in the php.ini does not exceed 1G or 1024M. WordPress will absolutely not work if it is set to 2G. If you change it to 2048M the homepage will work but any sites on *domain*/wp-admin/* won’t.
To make everything work you can set it to a maximum of 1024M. I hope lowering it will not have too much effect on the other things the server is doing.
The only thing that was logged in Apache was “[notice] child pid * exit signal Segmentation fault (11)”
The browsers would only give you connection reset or connection has been lost.
The following Versions were used: WordPress 3.3.1; Apache 2.2.16 and php 5.3.3